Assists motor dealers in instances where claims under the Consumer Protection Act are lodged against them.
The Consumer Protection Act (CPA) aims to promote fair trade for products and services in South Africa and to aggressively protect the interests of the consumer.
The implementation of this Act has had a significant impact on the motor trade industry. An opportunity arose to introduce a policy which will assist the motor dealer where claims have been brought against them in terms of the CPA.
Existing products do not adequately assist the motor trader in the above circumstances.
This product does not replace any guarantee or warranty policies.
Benefits to Policyholders
- Access to a knowledgeable pool of specialists with experience in CPA litigation and these specialists will act on your behalf at no cost to you, subject to the limits of the policy
- Access to and support of international markets with intimate knowledge in mitigating risks associated with our products
- Assist the dealership when claims under the CPA are lodged against them
- Provide legal advice in the event of a CPA claim
- We will defend on behalf of the dealership and allow them to continue with business and keep their reputation intact
- Protect the dealership against frivolous claims
- Assist the dealership to structure contracts to protect themselves against unnecessary claims
This is only a guide. The full terms and conditions are contained in the policy wording.